Most of my illustrations are created using reference photos from plus size retailer websites, so the illustration shows the model as well as the look that has been styled for that specific collection. However, I am often drawn to collections that are not presented this way (many retailers show their collections as flat shots or presented on dress forms). This means that I get the opportunity to draw and style my own model.
I did some online shopping this afternoon (well, more like online window shopping) and found a few things to put together for a summery nautical outfit. In this illustration, the model herself is original, and everything she wears can be bought to recreate the look. Hope you enjoy! I plan on doing more posts like this in the future, as this was a very fun project.
1) ASOS: Union Jack Retro Sunglasses
2) Pam Mower Designs (etsy): Nautical Necklace
3) Heidi Egerman Designs (etsy): Copper Cuff Bracelet
4) ASOS: Faith Chelsy Stripe Platform Heeled Shoes
5) eShakti: Her Fifties Colourblock Sundress